National Junior Honor Society
NJHS Membership Requirements
- Student must be an 8th grade student currently enrolled at Sproul Junior High School.
- Student must have been in attendance at Sproul for at least one semester prior to selection time.
- Student must have a Grade Point Average of at least 3.8 (not rounded and based on 4.0 scale) for the entire time at Sproul. (All classes are taken into consideration and are weighted equally.)
- Student must have at least a 4.2 (based on 5.0 scale) average for the composite categories of Citizenship, Leadership, Service, and Character. These traits are defined according to the NJHS handbook. The faculty rates all students who have satisfied the academic requirements on the above categories (not rounded).
- Student must have none of the categories of Citizenship, Leadership, Service, or Character fall below an average of 3.8 (not rounded).
- Student must have no major or repetitive discipline referrals.