Information for August 2021
You must have your physical paperwork complete to be able to come to practice and/or try out. Physicals must be dated as of June 1, 2021. Sproul's physical night is on Wednesday, August 4th at 5pm in the cafeteria. Cost is $15 cash.
- Cheerleading Tryouts are on Friday, August 6th.
- Football and Cross Country practices will begin on Monday, August 9th.
- Volleyball tryouts will also begin on Monday, August 9th.
This all happens before school begins. Please check specific Sproul Athletics pages this summer for any updates or changes.
Sproul is a part of The South Metro League!
Widefield School District 3 partners with four other districts, Harrison District 2, Fountain District 8, Cheyenne District 12, and Falcon District 49, to create the South Metro League.
We have Varsity and Junior Varsity teams for all sports except football. Football is 7th and 8th grade only.
All students, including 6th graders, have the opportunity to try out for sports (except in football). However, ALL students must have physicals to play sports. We do not charge students to play sports or spectators to watch events except wrestling tournaments.
- August - Beginning of October = Football, Volleyball, and Cross Country
- October - December = Boys' Basketball
- December - February = Girls' Basketball
- February - March = Wrestling
- March - May = Softball and Track
- We have an Intramural Program for 6th grade only.
In order to keep all athletes safe, parents/guardians must complete a sports packet before athletes are allowed to try out for any sport. This packet includes emergency contact information for coaches to keep on-hand and the District Physical Form. Physicals for the 2018-19 school year must be dated after June 1, 2018. All Sproul coaches have completed concussion training and are CPR/First Aid certified.
All teams have closed practices to spectators. Please contact the coaches if you'd like to observe.