Athletic Expectations & Parent Info
Mission and Vision:
Sproul Jr. High School athletics programs are designed to support the needs of our student population and community by maintaining a strong sense of pride, excellence, ethical values, and overall student development. Effective Programming is executed through a balance of healthy competition, training, and educational excellence reflected in the classroom. In pursuit of this objective, we recognize the importance of academic accountability, community service, and the value of sportsmanship.
In partnership with coaches, teachers, parents, and administrators; student-athletes strive for excellence in an environment, which is safe, positive, and an integral pillar of the entire school culture. Lifelong values, such as, leadership development, empathy for others, and positive social interaction are results of participation in our school programs. We are wholly committed to providing our student-athletes with a wide variety of well-organized programs, which meet their needs for physical and emotional well-being while developing constructive moral and social values in a highly competitive interscholastic arena.
Participation in athletics is a privilege, which will enable student-athletes to develop skills and experiences that will lead to lifelong growth and achievement.
Sproul Jr. High will compete and work towards winning league championships!
Sproul Jr. High competes within the South Metro League. There are five school districts represented:
- Widefield School District #3
- Fountain Fort Carson School District #8
- Cheyenne Mountain School District #12
- Falcon School District #49
- Harrison School District #2
All athletes and spectators will be held to the highest of standards with regards to sportsmanship. Please be courteous and use ONLY positive remarks toward game officials, coaches, players, and visiting teams. Remember parents, you are a role model for your child and are also representing Sproul.
Failure to adhere to the expectations of Sproul Jr. High will result in being removed from the game and possible denial of admission to future contests.
Playing time is not guaranteed; if there is an issue with playing time please have your athlete address the issue with their coach.
Playing time is earned through hard work and commitment at practice and games.
- Be supportive
- Be positive
- 24 hour rule
Positive interaction between coaches and parents is always encouraged and welcomed.
If you have a concern you may contact Mr. Felice the following day after the game to discuss the issue in a professional and civil manner.
- Grades are posted on Thursday afternoon by 3:00 pm.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make sure they are eligible…..not the teacher.
- Eligibility runs from Monday through Monday.
- IF A STUDENT HAS AN F THEY ARE CONSIDERED INELIGIBLE FOR THE WEEK AND WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE UNTIL THE FOLLOWING WEEK. This is per our league rule which is “no pass, no play.”
- If a student receives In-School Detention, they are ineligible to participate in their next scheduled contest. They are still permitted to practice, but will not be allowed to compete until they have completed In-School Detention.
- If a student is suspended out of school, they will be removed from the team in which they are participating.
- If a student shows up two weeks throughout the seasons as being ineligible, they are removed from the team.
Football (7th and 8th Only)
Girls Volleyball (6th-8th cut sport)
Cross Country (6th-8th)
Girls Basketball (6th-8th cut sport)
Boys Basketball (6th-8th cut sport)
Girls Softball (6th-8th cut sport)
Cheerleading (6th-8th cut sport)
Currently for away games, our teams will be leaving school early in order to provide the necessary transportation to our scheduled games.
For the time being, our student-athletes and coaches will be leaving Sproul between 1:00-1:30 so that our drivers can drop off our team(s) and then return back to our district to take other students home after school.
We will encourage our athletes to take their backpacks with them in order to work on homework that they could potentially miss.
Within our league we do have an agreement that the host school will find a location for our teams within their building.