Softball Tryout Information
Tryouts will begin on March 30th immediately after school. In-Person students will meet in Room 300 (Neifert’s room) instead of the locker room. Online Cohort will meet at Pinello Elementary at 3:15.
Things you need:
- Current physical and all sports paperwork turned in to Ms. Merrick (ISD, Room 301).
- If that cannot be completed before tryouts begin, you will not be able to try out.
- Practice clothes and athletic shoes
- Covid face masks or gators must be worn at all times.
- No cleats are to be worn in the building.
- Please layer your clothing accordingly. We practice in the rain and snow.
- Softball glove and water
- There is no water nor bathrooms at Pinello, so be sure to use the restroom right after school.
- Helmet and bat if you already own them. (DO NOT go out and purchase these until you make the team.),
- Our home field is at Pinello Elementary, so we will jog there every day.
- It’s ½ mile to our field.
- Online Cohort students will be expected to jog laps at Pinello before being able to practice.
- Parents should pick you up FROM PINELLO at 5:30. Supervision will end at 5:30.
- Per Sproul Junior High Athletic Policy, all practices and tryouts are closed to parents and siblings.
Each night after tryouts, we will post student ID numbers of athletes invited back to tryouts the next day on the Sproul Softball webpage (under Athletics on the Sproul website). If your ID number is not listed, you did not make the team. If your ID is listed, please plan on attending tryouts on the following day.